“The greatest value we offer our clients is our integrity and sincerity.” – Shayne Silver
Selecting an agent to purchase a home is an important decision. Fortunately for you as a buyer, our commission is paid by the Seller. But just because you are not paying out of your own pocket, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be selective and demand certain levels of experience and professionalism.
Here are the things you should look for when hiring an agent:
- Integrity – You want to work with an Agent that has your best interests at heart and is not just looking to make a quick sale.
- Sincerity – You want to work with an Agent that cares about your happiness in your new home and providing the best
- Experience – An agent doesn’t need 20 years of experience to provide excellent advice and service to purchase a home. But they should have a minimum of a handful of successful transactions in recent months. We see changes to contracts all the time so somebody that is a full-time agent and has completed transactions recently would be our recommendation.
- Check their license. Make sure they are properly licensed. If not, this could run into problems later.
- Ask for references and talk with recent clients. This is not an unreasonable request. If an agent won’t put you in touch with a recent client, that’s a major red flag.
- Select an agent with proper credentials. If they carry designations such as Seniors Specialist or Luxury and that is relevant to you, that should carry some weight.
- What is your availability to look at homes. If you work 9-5 and the agent can’t show you homes on the weekend, that will be a problem.
Silver Real Estate Group is committed to the success of every client. We love working with buyers and we won’t stop until we find you the perfect home. Call us today for a consultation!